If you’ve attended one of our cocktail making presentations in 2021, you will know that part of the presentation is the demonstration of 3 cocktails. Occasionally we get asked HOW we make them after the event. You may have followed the process with us and you’ve probably even made the cocktails but perhaps you can’t remember afterwards what we did. You will have the list of ingredients and quantities though. So here goes……..
Our mocktail, featuring Orange, Mango and a dash of lime.
- Into your shaker you pour your orange juice (50 ml)
- Add the same of Rubicon mango juice
- Plus the juice of quarter of a lime, squeezed into the mix.
- If you have any coconut syrup, we demonstrated Monin, now add that too. Half a measure, c12.5 ml.
- Shake vigorously with a few cubes of ice until the shaker feels cold in your hand.
- Pour into your highball glass and add around 50 ml (a double measure) of soda water to top up. You are now the proud owner of your very own OMD.
A modern classic. Start with a highball glass. But avoid using a delicate, fine glass. A sturdy one that will withstand some muddling is ideal.
- Add 2 tsps of granulated sugar directly to your glass.
- Squeeze 1/4 lime into the glass and drop the lime shell in too.
- Take about 7-8 mint leaves from the bottom of your stem and smack them on the back of your hand to awaken the aroma! Add them to the glass too. Keep the top few leaves and put to one side. This will be the garnish later.
- Next you need to muddle the mixture you have with a bartenders muddler or the back of a wooden spoon etc. You are aiming to mix the lime, mint and sugar so that it forms a paste at the bottom of your glass. The gritiness of the sugar will help break down the lime and mint. Now for the rum.
- Add a double measure (50 ml) of white rum : Bacardi, we favour Havana Club 3 year old or whatever you are using.
- Now give the mix a good stir with a long-handled bar spoon or similar.
- Now fill your glass with ice – about 2/3 full. Nearly there.
- Pour 50 ml of soda water to the glass so that it is nearly topped up, but don’t drown it.
- Then add your garnish – the top of your mint stem from earlier. Add a paper straw to the glass next to the mint garnish and you’re ready to go.
Finally, the Cosmo which is a fairly potent mix of 3 units.
- We start by adding 50 ml of vodka (we use Absolut) and
- 25 ml of Cointreau or Triple Sec to your cocktail shaker with ice.
- Next you pour in 50 ml of cranberry juice and
- 25 ml Roses lime cordial.
- Also squeeze an eighth of a lime into the shaker and drop in the lime shell.
- Shake the mixture vigorously in your cocktail shaker until the mix is cooled.
- Pour into a Martini glass and add a final 1/8 lime. The green of the lime against the pretty pink Cosmopolitan is a great appealing combination.